One idea for future development of the Los Angeles Co-op Lab is to introduce a mobile classroom concept so we can “pop-up” in many locations to reach diverse populations and quickly and efficiently host events.
- The actual events will manifest out of the many relationships we have made during the past year of research in Los Angeles.
- In the fall of 2015 we are running three pilot workshops as proof of concept and we already have interest from several other organizations for future events and workshops that will be supported by the Mobile Co-op Lab.
- Our adviser Gilda Haas, has recently purchased a truck that may be utilized to support these events.
A Menu of Possibilities for Future Mobile Lab Co-op Development Workshops:
- What is a Worker Co-op? (a one-hour workshop)
- Where Do I Start? How to Start a Worker Owned Business (a three-hour workshop)
- Real Stories. Real Coops. (a three-hour workshop about co-ops)
- Choosing a Sector, Choosing a Business
- Democratic Governance & Management
- Effective Communication & Conflict Resolution
- Marketing on a Shoestring Budget
- Worker Cooperative Financing
- California Co-op Law
- Worker Cooperatives & Sustainability